There are multiple procedures to generate an effective cleaning of our rugs, however, there is a very common dilemma between using Dry cleaning for carpets, anyway, the confusion comes with the advantages and disadvantages of each particular procedure.
Keeping our carpets in good condition is a topic with a huge importance, due to its presence and in order to maintaining the attitude they express, for example, in the office, where they can transmit either to visitors or workers an air of notoriety and solemnity.
DRY CLEANING VS. STEAM CLEANING
- It works quite well when it’s been implemented on wool carpet.
- Multiple chemicals and complements are used to achieve optimal results, ranging from the use of domestic salt to the implementation of powerful chemicals, including conventional detergents.
- It is not necessary to generate overly planned and complex drying processes.
- Expensive machinery and specialized equipment are used.
- A deep knowledge of cleaning processes is required for this method.
- It generates high levels of humidity by using water vapor for its execution.
- It is an excellent disinfectant in which no chemicals are used.
- The steam engine has a previous warm-up time to the start of the carpet washing process.
THE STEAM CLEANING MACHINE
This machine makes it possible to clean various surfaces such as carpets, clothes, among other elements; the use of them makes it easier to loosen and remove dirt of many kinds in a deep way, allowing killing large quantities of germs and bacteria due to the high temperature levels generated when it works on its maximum temperature.
With the current development of the technology, the steam cleaning machine works by adding a large number of elements, mechanisms and accessories to it, in spite of this, the basic operation keeps doing the same thing, where heat is generated in a tank with water that is heated and pressurized to the outside through a nozzle controlled by the user of the appliance.
After using the steam machine for cleaning, both liquid and dirty residues must be removed from the surface to be cleaned. This can be done with the appliance’s own accessories such as vacuum cleaners, or with dry clothes or sponges.
TYPES OF STEAM CLEANING MACHINES
In order to adapt to the needs of each space and type of dirt, steam cleaning machines have eventually evolved and modified their design and size by becoming into more practical and portable equipment saving space and reducing its volume. A list of the best-known varieties is given below.
- Conventional steam cleaners: widely used on all surfaces.
- Steam brooms: specialized in cleaning floors.
- Vacuum cleaners with steam function: these have a dual use, they are used to distribute the steam and also to vacuum at the end of this process.
- Portable steam cleaners: due to their versatility of movement, they are often used in vehicles and remote areas of the home where they must be transported more easily.